http://www.blogger.com/html?blogID=7336810976739689799 A Traveller's Dream: WORLD PIPE BAND CHAMPIONSHIP 2010

Blog structure and labels

Click on the places listed under 'Labels' to get straight to the ones you are interested in.

Thursday 21 October 2010

WORLD PIPE BAND CHAMPIONSHIP 2010

Every year, the World Pipe Band Championships take place in Glasgow, Scotland.


This year was the first time I attended and I loved it! They are amazing and I could not tell which bands were better. The event took place on 14 August 2010 and with an audience of over 50,000 it was certainly a success.

It was amazing watching those 8,000 pipers and drummers performing and competing.

BBC presenter Jackie Bird was commenting on the event.

Check out my video which I have placed on YouTube. This band was just practising before one of the last competitions.


--> Photos of the event


No comments: