http://www.blogger.com/html?blogID=7336810976739689799 A Traveller's Dream: MOROCCO

Blog structure and labels

Click on the places listed under 'Labels' to get straight to the ones you are interested in.

Wednesday 20 October 2010

MOROCCO

I am very excited to tell you about my trip to Morocco as I have been there only recently (Aug/Sep 2010).

A lot of people I know have been to Morocco and I was keen on visiting this place myself. But, as you might have figured out already - this was not supposed to be an ordinary trip. It was clear from the beginning that I would want to rent a car and drive around the country to see more remote places, less touristy and more rural. Usually this means countryside to me - villages, mountains, rivers, lakes, waterfalls etc. etc.

Again, I convinced my husband John to join me on this 10 day trip (don't know how I managed to do that but I did it!). Unfortunately we went during Ramadan, which I thought would not be that bad as I have visited Egypt before during Ramadan and it was fine. Nevertheless, it was a bit more difficult that I thought.

We managed to book a reasonably cheap flight with Ryanair from Edinburgh to Marrakesh. We only booked the flights and a few accommodation as this was recommended by friends and other websites I gathered information from. Certain places are very busy at this time of the year and I did not want to take any risks. I tried to avoid having to rush to get to a place before sunset and trying to find accommodation. What I did not know is that the countryside is so beautiful and that the cities and towns are rather hectic and sometimes even stressful. All I knew is that we have a rental car for 5 days and that we have to be back in Marrakesh at a certain time.

The plan was to spend a few days in the High Atlas area and then travel up north to Fez, Meknes and Rabat, from where our trip would continue to Casablanca and further south to Essaouira, with several stops in between. We would then return to Marrakesh where we intended to spend the last 4 days.

As you can imagine, there was a change of plan as we went along.... It was a very impressive trip with some surprises and adventures which I am going to share with you in my next post. So keep checking my blog for updates on my trip to Morocco or even better - subscribe for updates and you won't miss out.

Speak to you soon!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What happened?? Now I am curious...

Gordana said...

Hello,
sorry for my late response - I usually respond immediately or within 2 days. It's been very hectic in the last week and I must have overseen your comment so please accept my apology.

A follow up report of my visit to Morocco should go live within the next few days. I am still in the process of writing it but I can promise, it is worth the waiting - I have some nice photographs of Morocco so hopefully you will like them and the story.