http://www.blogger.com/html?blogID=7336810976739689799 A Traveller's Dream: GOURMET TRAVELLERS

Blog structure and labels

Click on the places listed under 'Labels' to get straight to the ones you are interested in.

Wednesday 27 October 2010

GOURMET TRAVELLERS

This evening I stumbled across a Sainsbury's ad which caught my attention: Gourmet travelling! Why not? Aren't we all looking for different kinds of holidays nowadays? I certainly do as I am getting bored with the ordinary 'beach holiday', 'city holiday', 'camping holidays' or 'backpacking holidays' (think I'm getting too old for the latter).

Reading this article brought back memories of my trip to Chiang Mai in Thailand. John and I had planned to do a one day cooking course while in Chiang Mai but the next course took place in a few days but the days were not suitable for us.

In fact, this was not our original plan - this idea occurred to us while we were at the market in Chiang Mai. We strolled around and overheard people talking (in English) about the ingredients they wanted to buy for a traditional Thai curry. We then realised that it was a group of tourists who attended a cooking class.

This is the best way to learn how to cook exotic meals with proper local ingredients, purchased at the local market with the opportunity to interact with local people and chefs.

After talking to several people who have participated in cooking holidays, I thought I'd suggest this to my readers as this seems to be a big hit. So if you are looking for a holiday with a difference - this is it.
As Sainsbury's would say: "Try something new today".

On that note, I would be happy to learn about your cooking holiday experience so please write in and share your stories with my readers. Tips and advice are highly appreciated.
Thank you very much!

No comments: