http://www.blogger.com/html?blogID=7336810976739689799 A Traveller's Dream: Edinburgh's Christmas Market 2010

Blog structure and labels

Click on the places listed under 'Labels' to get straight to the ones you are interested in.

Tuesday 2 November 2010

Edinburgh's Christmas Market 2010

If you are planning a trip abroad to do your Christmas shopping, Edinburgh is the place to go.

Usually, the shops have great sales on and after an exhausting day of shopping, you deserve a drink of course. The ideal place to go for a drink and bite is the German Christmas market (free entry).
The market opens on 26 November 2010 and lasts until Christmas eve.

Mulled wine is one of my favourite drinks there and it tasts fantastic. If you're not much into wine, then the beer garden will offer good alternatives. Actually, they offer mulled beer at the beer garden - I'm not joking! I never thought it would taste good but I did try it last year and it was surprisingly tasty!

There are also plenty opportunities to sample food at the market. German sausages are delicious and the potato and steak dish is also one to try!

Check out the Edinburgh Christmas market website for further info.

Maybe I'll see you there?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait!
Mulled wine is great there!

Gordana said...

I can't wait either - roll on 26th of November!

ScottishManx said...

I'll be back on the 26th, and will be at the market. I'll be on the Gluewein though!

Gordana said...

Sounds like a plan. I will watch out for you on the 26th.